Reports to: Managing Director
Based in: London, United Kingdom
RD:IR is the UK’s leading supplier of Investor Relations services to UK and international public companies.
We run and develop a stable of desktop, online and mobile applications to analyse and deliver to our clients a range of data relating to equity and debt ownership, investor contacts and financials.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled individual with a proven track record in development of software for financial services and/or comparable SMEs to:
- Lead a small, dynamic development team of internal and external developers
- Act as project manager to our ongoing existing software development
- Develop existing applications
- Develop new applications & online services
- Manage the Company’s IT services & infrastructure in liaison with our external IT support agency
- Liaise with the business on development of its activities
Responsibilities include feature design, architecture and coding for our products, using the technologies listed below.
We estimate that time spent on project management, to software development, to company IT infrastructure management, would be in the ratio of 40: 40: 20.
To be a hands-on software engineer and architect while managing both the development team and the Company’s IT systems and infrastructure.
The candidate will be responsible for managing the development of the Company’s software which fulfils the specifications agreed with the software stakeholders, on schedule and on budget. These responsibilities include design, scheduling, coding, UI and testing.
The candidate will lead the development team in maintenance, improvement and development of existing and new software.
The candidate will contribute to the smooth running of our IT infrastructure by managing the relationship with the Company’s external IT support company.
The candidate will work closely with senior management to help grow and develop the business.
- Manage the Company’s development team & IT systems / infrastructure
- Produce high-quality software to agreed specifications within agreed time frames
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing software as well as new development
- Own the development process and improve as necessary
- Client support as required (internal & external)
- Ensure that the development and architecture practices, procedures and technologies are in line with current trends
- Carry out and perform as and when any duties as assigned by the Managing Director or the Company’s senior managers
We require the following top-level skills:
- Team management
- Understanding of software design & architecture
- Understanding of software testing principles
- Project management skills
We require excellent knowledge of the following technologies:
- Net Webforms / MVC
- SQL Server 2012
- Net Web API
- Continuous integration
Knowledge of the following technologies/procedures would be desirable:
- Mobile Development (native and web)
- HTML 5 / CSS
- UI Design / CSS
- Team Foundation Services
- Unit Testing
We require the following career experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience at senior level in IT in financial services or relevant business
- Experience of running medium-sized development team
- Experience dealing with third party vendors
How to apply:
Please apply by email only with a cover letter (optional) and CV to email@example.com
Please use the reference TM02/17 in the subject line