The 20th annual AIM Awards Dinner took place on 8th August 2015 at Old Billingsgate, a striking City location overlooking Tower Bridge and the Thames. Attended by well over 1,200 guests drawn from the companies and professional advisors of the AIM Market, the evening celebrated AIM as a platform for smaller and more entrepreneurial companies to grow and fulfil their strategies.
The compere for the evening was Bev Turner, LBC presenter and journalist, and entertainment was provided by Dara Ó Briain, the Irish comedian, who had the audience in stitches with his rapid-fire delivery.
RD:IR was pleased to sponsor an award for the first time – the Best Communication Award which recognises a company’s ability to communicate clearly and effectively with shareholders and potential investors. Amongst the areas being judged were the website, the annual report, regulatory news and press releases and the appropriate utilisation of social media. The judging panel was looking for clarity, honesty, timeliness and consistency of messaging throughout all the company’s communications during the period from 1st August 2014 to 31st July 2015.
The panel shortlisted four companies for the award – Breedon Aggregates, Cohort, EMIS and Imperial Innovations, and it was Imperial Innovations that was announced the winner. Jon Davies, IRO was presented his award by Richard Davies (Managing Director, RD:IR), David Snell (Partner & AIM Leader, PwC) and Bev Turner.
RD:IR would like to congratulate all of the shortlisted companies and the successful winners at the 2015 AIM Awards:
- Best Communication Award – Imperial Innovations Group plc
- Best Performing Share Award – Victoria plc
- Best Use of AIM Award – Ideagen plc
- Best Technology Award – Advanced Oncotherapy plc
- AIM Transaction of the Year Award – Optimal Payments plc
- Best Performer Over 20 Years – ASOS plc
- Best Research Award – finnCap
- International Company of the Year Award – Hutchison China Meditech Ltd
- Best Newcomer Award – Fevertree Drinks plc
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award – Clinigen plc
- Company of the Year Award – CVS Group plc