Discover where investors stand on climate change and the divestment movement by downloading our White Paper at the bottom of this post. You can also discover how RD:IR can overlay your ownership information on our proprietary investor relations platform, IR InTouch, with insight into the ESG principles of your investors.
- The divestment movement has gathered considerable traction over the past year and it is forcing investors to evaluate their position on fossil fuel investments.
- As world leaders prepare to meet in Paris in December this year for the annual UN Climate Change Conference COP 21, stakeholders hope that a global carbon pricing system will result to guide policy and planning for carbon dioxide emissions reductions.
- The role of investors is evolving; many see both a moral case and a superior investment case for companies with sustainable business plans involving less carbon extraction and less carbon consumption.
- Investors are looking to understand their carbon exposure and develop strategies to reduce, offset and hedge against risk without relinquishing engagement opportunities.
- Companies must be aware of shareholder sentiment, initiatives and research, as well as possible regulatory changes, in order to communicate effectively with investors.
Download Paper here: